Learning and completing your online UW Master of Science in Information Technology Management coursework requires sufficient technology and Internet access.
We recommend using a desktop or laptop computer with these minimum hardware specifications:
- High-speed connection to the Internet
- CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive (note that some software may require a DVD drive for installation)
- 160GB hard drive
- Monitor and graphics card capable of 1024 x 768 display (minimum)
- Stereo sound card, speakers and/or headset, microphone
- A webcam may be required in some courses (check with your Student Success Coach)
Desktop or laptop computers (rather than tablets) are highly recommended because of their ability to open and run multiple applications for an extended period of time, and their compatibility with and ability to install new applications. The online learning management system is accessible from nearly any device, however, the mobile view is not currently optimized for advanced interactions such as quizzing. Additional functionality may work in the “Desktop Version” on mobile, accessible from the link at the bottom of the main home page, but for the best learning experience a desktop or laptop computer is recommended.
If you have a slow Internet connection, you may want to look for high-speed Internet access from an alternate source, such as satellite or wireless offered by a mobile provider.
Need Technical Support?
Visit our Tech Support Portal for more information about minimum system requirements, supported operating systems, supported browsers, system-check for plugins, and computer and Internet security information.