We want to make sure your application to the online UW Master of Science in IT Management goes smoothly. The following steps will guide you through the process. If you have a question, call an enrollment adviser at 1-877-895-3276 or email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to help!
All application materials need to be completed two weeks prior to the semester start to be considered for admission.
Starting your application early will help ensure you have plenty of time to gather required materials (such as transcripts), transfer credits, apply for financial aid, and complete the University of Wisconsin System Online Admission Application.
Admission to the UW Master of Science in Information Technology Management requires:
- Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 undergraduate GPA
- Completed coursework with a “C” or better – or demonstrate sufficient knowledge – in programming (object oriented, modern language), database, and computer networking. Program academic directors have the option to waive a prerequisite based, in part, on student work experience and background. Technical certifications such as Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, AWS, Cisco or professional experience may be used in lieu of formal coursework to demonstrate proficiency at the discretion of the academic advisor at the student’s home campus.
- Your resume
- Two letters of recommendation (can be professional or academic)
- Up to 1,000 word statement of personal intent describing your decision to pursue the degree and what you believe you will bring to the information technology field
- No aptitude test (GRE, GMAT) requirements.
How to Apply
While you are free to apply on your own, many prospective students speak with an enrollment adviser first. Our friendly staff is here to answer your questions, talk with you about your career goals, and help you decide if this program is a good choice for you.
Step 1. Decide which “home” campus you’d like to apply to. Campus partners for this program include: UW-La Crosse, UW-Oshkosh, UW-Parkside, UW-Stevens Point, and UW-Superior.
Step 2. Apply to your preferred home campus using the University of Wisconsin System Online Admission Application. This program may be listed as “Info Technology Management”.
Step 3. Send your resume, personal statement, and letters of recommendation; and arrange to have your official college transcripts (from each institution you attended), sent to the graduate student admissions office of the home campus you applied to: UW-La Crosse, UW-Oshkosh, UW-Parkside, UW-Stevens Point, and UW-Superior.
A Multi-Campus Collaboration
The UW Master of Science in Information Technology Management is a collaboration of the University of Wisconsin Extended Campus and five University of Wisconsin degree-granting institutions: UW-La Crosse, UW-Oshkosh, UW-Parkside, UW-Stevens Point, and UW-Superior. This partnership allows us to bring you a truly multidisciplinary curriculum taught by knowledgeable and experienced instructors from across the UW System.
Choosing a Home Campus
Although you will take courses taught by faculty from all five partner campuses and complete your program entirely online, you will be asked to choose a home campus from the degree-granting institutions above. Your home campus is the institution from which you will receive financial aid (if you qualify), advising, career services, and ultimately, your diploma. Admission and graduation requirements do not vary across the UW Master of Science in Information Technology Management partner institutions, so your choice of a home campus is essentially a matter of personal preference.
Enrollment advisers are available Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT, or by appointment.